The Center has two principal aims, to promote the understanding of Buddhism in the West, and to preserve the Buddhist culture among its supporters.
The Centre has two principal aims: to promote the understanding of Buddhism in the West, and to preserve the Buddhist culture among its supporters.
At the Sri Saddhatissa International Buddhist Centre you might find:
- Dhamma and meditation classes.
- celebrations of important days in the Buddhist calendar - Vesak, Poson, Esala, Kathina, and Sangamitta Day.
- a daily religious service in the evening to the public [Buddhapuja] and Pirith chanting
- visits to hospitals and homes for the sick
offering of alms to the poor and the destitute on Vesak Day
- a reference and a lending library of valuable books.
- Distinguished personalities, academics, and Buddhist scholars, from both the clergy and the laity, deliver public lectures, speeches and Dhamma talks at different intervals throughout the year