RAF Brampton was a Royal Air Force installation near Huntingdon in Cambridgeshire. Formerly the home of RAF Support Command, it also became the home of several elements of Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S), which itself was a result of a merger between the Defence Logistics Organisation (DLO) and the Defence Procurement Agency (DPA), and provided a base for the Defence Security & Assurance Services and Defence Estates. It was part of the combined station RAF Brampton Wyton Henlow but this was disbanded on 2 April 2012 and the station was renamed Brampton Camp RAF Wyton losing its status as a RAF station and coming under the control of RAF Wyton. The camp was closed at the end of 2013 and all assets were transferred to the new JFIG Pathfinder building located at RAF Wyton.HistoryThe site was used as far back as the First World War, when Lord Mandeville (who owned the site) agreed to its use to house German prisoners of war. After this, Lord Mandeville let the site for domestic use. During the early years of the Second World War, the site was used to house babies and children evacuated from London. In 1942, the United States Army Air Corps First Bomb Wing Headquarters was established on the site and it was used to billet American airmen. In September 1945, the USAAC moved out to what was RAF Alconbury to the north of the Brampton site.
Tags: RAF Brampton Brampton,Military Base Brampton,RAF Brampton address,RAF Brampton branch,RAF Brampton contact,RAF Brampton contact number,RAF Brampton about,RAF Brampton history,RAF Brampton website,RAF Brampton timings,RAF Brampton email address,Brampton weather,Brampton houses for sale,jobs Brampton