All Saints Church is the Anglican parish church in the town of Bingley, West Yorkshire, England.The history of the church probably dates back to pre-Norman times. It is thought that there might have been a wooden church on this location for many years prior to the Norman conquest, although no records exist. The first records of the church indicate it was rebuilt some time after 1066 by the Lord of the Manor, William Paganel, who gave it, with other possessions of his, to Drax Priory in the time of Archbishop Thurstan (1119–1140).This building was probably rebuilt many times over the centuries, culminating in the present structure, which was begun during the reign of Henry VIII (1491–1547). The choir was erected in 1518, when the church was dedicated to All Saints, having previously been dedicated to Saint Lawrence. The current tower was heightened and a new belfry added in 1739.The church received a new clock in 1856 and was renovated in 1870 - 1871 when the Ferrand Chapel became the vestry and some of the pews that were tied to the local Manor Houses were stripped out.The church has a stained-glass window crafted by William Morris and Edward Burne-Jones. There is a peal of bells, for many years six in number, with a further two added in 1873. The church was Grade II* listed in 1966.
Tags: Church of All Saints,Bingley Bingley,Local Business Bingley,Church of All Saints,Bingley address,Church of All Saints,Bingley branch,Church of All Saints,Bingley contact,Church of All Saints,Bingley contact number,Church of All Saints,Bingley about,Church of All Saints,Bingley history,Church of All Saints,Bingley website,Church of All Saints,Bingley timings,Church of All Saints,Bingley email address,Bingley weather,Bingley houses for sale,jobs Bingley